Take your BIM management skills to the next level!
The BIM Manager Bootcamp is a 6-week program for practicing BIM Managers. The goal of the Boot Camp is to give practicing BIM managers or aspiring BIM managers the skills they need to survive and thrive in this challenging role.
Here are the details:
- The class starts June 1st, 2017.
- There will be a 1-hour long training session each week.
- The sessions will be conducted online using GoToWebinar.
- All of the sessions will be recorded and available for download by participants.
- You’ll also have access to a private Facebook group throughout the course and after.
- The cost of the BIM Manager Boot Camp is $497.
Each week’s session will revolve around a particular theme. Here’s the preliminary agenda for each session:
- Week 1: : Developing Your BIM Base
- Setting your BIM strategy
- BIM standards and execution plans
- Managing templates and content
- Week 2: Project Configuration and Setup
- Model setup and organization
- Properly configuring worksharing
- The ins and outs of model maintenance
- Week 3: People and Soft Skills
- Working with users
- How to manage your boss
- Dealing with difficult people
- Week 4; Automation and Computational Design
- What to automate and how
- Getting started with Revit automation
- Dynamo for BIM managers
- Week 5: How to Develop Effective Training
- Creating a training matrix
- Setting training goals and assesments
- Developing effective training
- Week 6: Career Advancement and Outreach
- Effective networking
- To blog or not to blog
- Developing an outreach plan
There will be additional bonuses for attendees including access to select ArchSmarter courses and 1-on-1 coaching sessions. More details to follow soon.
Have a question about the BIM Manager Boot Camp?
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the BIM Manager Boot Camp, which is great. In case you have similar questions, I decided to put together this Q & A.
Q. When does the BIM Manager Boot Camp start and how long does it last?
A. The Boot Camp starts next Thursday (June 1st) and runs for six weeks. Every week, we’ll meet online for a 1-hour session using GoToMeeting.
Q. I’m in a different time zone. Can I still participate even if I can’t make every session?
A. Yes! All of the sessions will be recorded. You’ll get access to the recording the following day. Plus, you’ll have access to ALL of the session recordings after the six weeks of the Boot Camp. You can view the recordings online or download them.
Q. How much does the BIM Manager Boot Camp cost? Do you offer payment plans?
A. The cost of the Boot Camp is $497 USD. Because this is a very personalized and hands-on experience, I will likely increase the price the next time I run it. Yes, I do offer monthly payment plans. If you’re interested, email me and I’ll give you the details.
Q. I’m not a full-time BIM manager but I take care of those responsibilities along with project work. Is the Boot Camp for me?
A. Yes! If you’re juggling BIM manager duties as well as project work, the BIM Manager Boot Camp is definitely for you. I don’t need to tell you that you’re pressed for time. You’re dealing with your own deadlines as well as everyone else’s. It’s not easy. During the Boot Camp, you’ll learn the technical, management AND the productivity skills you need to survive and thrive in this position.
Q. What’s going to be covered in each session?
A. You can see the outline of all the sessions here. I’m fine-tuning the specific details for each session right now. I’m also going to leave in some flexibility so I can tailor the sessions to exactly what you’re looking for. I will post updates to the outline shortly.
Q. I don’t know any other BIM managers. I don’t really have anyone to talk to get new ideas, discuss best practices, or vent my frustrations. Is there a community component to the BIM Manager Boot Camp?
A. Yes. This is one aspect I’m really excited about. Being a BIM manager can be a lonely job. Mostly likely, you’re the only one in your office. You don’t have peers you can collaborate or vent your frustrations with. Believe me, I know! That’s why I created a private Facebook group just for the Boot Camp. This will be a place where we can all hang out, chat and collaborate. One of the biggest benefits to the Boot Camp is the community we’ll develop during the six weeks of the course and beyond.
Q. I’m pretty good with all the technical stuff. Are you going to cover other aspects of being a BIM manager as well?
A. Yes! For a lot of us, the technical parts come easy. It’s the other stuff that’s difficult. I created the BIM Manger Boot Camp to provide advanced training on not just the software, but also the soft skills needed in the job. This includes managing people, training and outreach.
Q. This sounds great! I really want to take my career to the next level. Where can I sign up?
A. Great! Click the link below to sign up.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.