Save a ton of time in Revit!
Transform your template from 'Ho Hum' to 'Hot Damn!'
Why re-invent the wheel every time you start a new project?
By using your own template, you can get rid of most of the tedious setup and configuration at the beginning of a project.
In my experience, a high-performance Revit template can save you 40 hours and at least $6,000 dollars in labor on every project. For example, if use your template on 10 projects, then you will save about 400 hours and $60,000.
That’s some serious time and money.
The hardest part about creating a high-performance Revit template is that it takes a bit of time.
I’ve build a LOT of Revit templates over the years. In my experience, creating a high-performance template takes between 80 - 100 hours to create.
I know what you’re thinking: “That’s a lot of time!”
Unless you hire an outside consultant to create your template for you, that time is not easy to find. Right?
Well, how would you like it if I helped you create your own high-performance Revit template or update your current one in half the time?
Because I can and I will.
Introducing. . .
Hot Rod Your Revit Template: Transform Your Template from
‘Ho-Hum’ to ‘Hot Damn!’ in 6 weeks!
In this course, I'm going to guide you to create your own high-performance Revit template. I will lead you step-by-step through every checkpoint and get you to the finish line faster.
Here’s what’s included:
- 6 live weekly lessons that dive deep into the key aspects of creating a “hot-rod Revit template.”
- One Q & A session where you can ask me anything about testing and launching your finished template.
- Time-saving Dynamo scripts and Revit macros to make creating your template so much easier.
- Access to my best Revit families to give you an even bigger boost of speed, power, and efficiency.
- A private forum to ask me questions and to receive feedback from peers and colleagues.
At the end of this course, you will have your very own high performance, customized Hot Rod Revit Template that will save you tons of time, energy, and money on all of your future projects! This course is for you if you want to create or update your Revit template but. . .
- You don’t know where to start.
- You don’t know what to include in the template.
- You don’t know how to update existing projects to your new template.
- You want to learn some of my greatest tricks with Revit.
- You don’t think your office will follow your standards.
- You don’t think you have the time.
Sound good? OK, here are some more details:
- The class starts October 26, 2017.
- There will be a 1-hour training session each week.
- The sessions will be conducted online using GoToWebinar.
- All of the sessions will be recorded and available for download by participants.
- You’ll have access to a private forum for asking questions and collaborating with others.
- Each lesson will include downloadable Dynamo scripts and macros that will help you create your template FAST!
Each week’s session will revolve around a particular aspect of creating your hot rod template.
Here’s the preliminary agenda for each session:
- Week 1: Planning your hot-rod
- Course agenda and introduction
- Assessing your current template
- Setting goals for your template
- Making time for this course
- Week 2: Building the chassis
- Setting your line weights
- Defining your line patterns and styles
- Creating fill patterns and types
- Editing object styles the smart way
- Week 3: Taking care of the transmission
- Creating symbol and tag families
- Using formulas in tags
- Defining view types
- Creating legend views
- Week 4: Tuning your suspension
- Creating view templates and filters
- Defining annotation styles
- Managing materials
- Working with text styles
- Week 5: Powering up the engine
- Customizing the project browser
- Creating sheets and views with automation
- Adding your office standard information
- Organizing your output
- Week 6: Paint and bodywork
- What families to include and exclude
- How to manage component families
- Creating system families
- Working with standard details and drafting views
- Bonus Q & A session
- Taking your template for a test drive
- Planning your first road trip
- Updating existing projects
- Next steps for your template