You’re on a deadline…
You’re working on a large, multi-building project. You just heard back from the owner and it turns out they want to see those enlarged plan and RCP sheets after all. Ugh.
The problem is that you’re scheduled to issue the drawings in a few days. You need to create the sheets fast but it’s not just a few sheets. You need to create a LOT of sheets. Over 200 in total.
In addition to creating the sheets, you need to create the all the enlarged plan and RCP views then assign the correct scope box and view template to each view. Once that’s done, you need to add the views to the sheets, center the view then rename and renumber the sheets based on your project manager’s Excel sheet index file.
By your calculations, it will take you a couple of minutes to do these steps manually. Not too bad if you only have ten or twenty sheets.
Unfortunately your project has five buildings each with over twenty floors. That’s a total of 200 plan and RCP sheets. If done manually, you could finish 30 sheets an hour for almost seven hour total.
You have a lot of other work you’d much rather work on. The thought of spending seven hours doing this kind of tedious work is REALLY unappealing. It will probably take you even longer that 7 hours since you’ll get bored and make some stupid mistakes, like misspelling a sheet title or not centering a view.
When you’re working on a deadline, every mouse click counts.
What if you could create each sheet in 2 seconds, instead of 2 minutes? Now you can create all 200 sheets in 7 minutes instead of 7 hours. What will you do with that extra time? Head home at a reasonable hour? Finish your other, more interesting work?
What if instead of automating just this one task, you could do this with 4 or 5? How much time would you save then?
Introducing Power-Pack for Revit
Power-Pack is a productivity add-in for Revit. Power-Pack includes the most popular Revit macros from ArchSmarter. Now there’s no need to load the macro file. Access the tools right from the Revit Add-Ins ribbon.
Need to import some DWG details into Revit drafting views? There’s a tool for that. What about converting those DWGs to Revit lines? Got you covered. Hate it when your views aren’t aligned from sheet to sheet? Use the Align Views tool to take care of that problem. Need to create lots of sheets and views? Easy.
Power-Pack was developed to solve real-world problems. Thousands of ArchSmarter readers have tested these tools. They will save you tons of time!
What’s in the Power-Pack?
Power-Pack includes the following time-saving tools:
- Batch Insert – Insert multiple DWG and RVT files.
- Batch Rename – Rename multiple rooms, sheets, and views from a single interface.
- Power Convert – Convert linked or imported DWG files to Revit lines. You can convert to detail and model lines as well as area and room boundary lines. For detail and model lines, you can specify a different Revit line style for each DWG layer.
- Quick Convert – Convert linked or imported DWG files to a single Revit linestyle.
- Replace Font – Replace a specified font with another font of your choice. The tool works on dimensions, labels, and text notes. Replace fonts in the current Revit model as well as any loaded Revit families.
- Make Sheets – Create multiple sheets using data from a spreadsheet file.
- Make Views – Create floor plans and RCPs from the current model’s floor levels. You can specify a scope box and view template for the new views.
- Copy Views – Batch duplicate selected views. Select the views and number of copies you need. Specify the duplication settings such as “duplicate as dependent” or “duplicate with detailing”.
- Align Views – Align views on different sheets to a selected view.
The tools included in Power-Pack will save you hours of work each week, if not more. If you’ve gotten value from the free ArchSmarter macros, you’ll definitely want Power-Pack.
Power-Pack is available for Revit 2015, 2016, and 2017. Click the button below to purchase Power-Pack for Revit.